Sunday 24 May 2015

Willow 2 is ready to rock!!

It took me far too long.......... I am the master of procrastination!

Yesterday I finally completed the build of my Willow 2 and took her for her test flight at Mickeys on the Bwlch. 





I bumped into Paul (keeps the Sussex Slope Soarers blog) flying his Omega. It was nice to have some company and encouragement. He also took some video which I will add here when he uploads it.











The Willow flew really nicely straight out of my hand, only requiring a little bit of up trim on the elevator. I played with the snapflap which it seemed to like (in those conditions) and was purring along nicely. I flew it empty as the conditions were a 'bit' marginal and am looking forward to seeing how she goes with a bit more weight in her belly. I've got 1.67kgs of tungsten just waiting to crawl in!


I've set the CG at 110mm from the leading edge which seemed nice and twitchy with elevator throw of +-5mm. The Flaps for landing are just short of 90deg and she stops really, really well! It was slow enough on a crow-through for me to pluck it from the air if I was brave enough! (I wasn't).

Hopefully get some more testing and fettling flight in before I drive to Scotland for the next BMFA F3F event in June!

If you want one, the Willow 2 is available from Rich and Dave at T9 Hobbysports! Really impressed with this model!

As promised, here are two flights. Both are uncut! The first one was the maiden and the second one was after re-setting the elevator neutral.


No comments:

Post a Comment