Thursday 26 March 2015

Looking forward to two days flying this weekend!!!

The culmination of the frozen-fingered, snotty-nosed fun we call the F3F Winter Leagues is happening this weekend in Wales.

The Champion of Champions.

I've actually managed to qualify on merit through race results and available pilots filling the 5 available places per league! Thought I was going to have to beg!

The conditions are looking pretty epic provided we can get to some slopes with visibility.

Really can't wait. I'm so excited that I spent all last weekend painting my gliders' wings and each evening this week with T-cut to make them smooth(er than they were!) and shiny! Hope it makes a difference to their slipperiness! I ran out of green and found that I couldn't spray the 2K clear so I've done what I could with what I had. Should look OK at 50m or so!



I also replaced the V-tail half on the F3B Skorp and changed the v-tail servos on the DSL Skorp so have two angry beasts waiting to be blown around by some near cyclonic winds! I've also ordered some Tungsten Ballast to bring my all-up weight to just short of the FAI max loading of 75dm2. Unfortunately that won't be here for a month or so. I have managed to borrow some lead ballast for this weekend thanks to Dave Woods who has generously let me scab some from him. Stainless Steel is just too light!

Excited to see the other 30 blokes and see some epic flights and times!

One of the best bits of a two day comp is always the meal on the Saturday night. Look out Natraj!!

I'll let you know how it went next week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment