Sunday 25 January 2015

A flame re-kindled......

I cartwheeled my F3B Skorp back in  June 2011.  It broke my heart and I had not worked up the courage to tackle the necessary repairs until recently.
She is all repaired now, although in desperate need of some tarting up!

I was so nervous about flying her again that I had been procrastinating consistently for the last month or so and although she was ready for a thrashing, I just couldn't bring myself to let her out.

Well after using her ugly stepsister (DSL) in my first recent comp and managing to come second to last, I bit the bullet and had a day of testing and comparing the two Skorps in marginal conditions on the Icecream slope yesterday.

The difference between the two gliders was astounding!! The DSL felt handicapped compared to the F3B and is now taking a back seat until the conditions are too strong for the F3B and the DSL will be loaded to the hilt and thrashed!

Just need to set up the F3B on the Taranis and give her a well-deserved paint and polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment