Wednesday 26 November 2014

Glider crash video.

Unfortunately, it was my glider and I was flying it, not filming it.





I think I can see that the battery did eventually give the servos some juice as it was my full down elevator input that caused it to dive in. Better that than the alternative of continuing on it's merry way to Nant-y-Moel.

I've started the repairs by removing the broken ballast tube and repairing it.

To do this I had to completely remove the nose from the skorp as it was only being held on by a couple of strands so that gives me the opportunity to remove all the material from the previous repairs and do a proper job.

The fuse aft of the wing is also broken, but that is only minor and an easy fix.

Apart from removing the control surfaces at impact, the wings really only need a clean, polish and a tiny bit of CA!

I'd like to try out my new paint scheme too, but we'll see what the weather is like and how much time I have left before the next comp (either 7th Dec or 21st Dec).

I have decided to upgrade my power supply for the receiver and servos. I will be using Panasonic NCR18650's (Li-Ion), a UBEC to get the voltage down to the appropriate 5 or 6v and the magnetic switch as previously fitted. not sure whether to run 2 or 3 cells and will see what fits and weighs the right amount as the voltage doesn't matter now that I can control the voltage supplied to the receiver.

One slight issue is that the telemetry for the Receiver pack voltage will need an external probe rather than using the inbuilt one.


No comments:

Post a Comment